Amped Wireless Setup
Amped Wireless is one of the best networking hardware providing company in the market. They provide one of the best, most reliable networking hardware and accessories to the users so that the users can have a smooth experience without any problems. They provide routers, extenders, modems and more. Their routers need to be logged in before the user can setup and use it to its maximum potential. The routers contain many advanced features that the user can only access after logging in to the router. To login to the Amped Wireless routers, the user needs to go to an internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar. The user will then straightaway be taken to the login page of the router.
Most of the users faced problem while logging in to the routers using the default IP address of their routers because some of them didn’t know where to find the default IP address for the router or others didn’t know what a default IP address of a router is. Amped Wireless made it really easy for the users to login by providing a web domain name i.e. www.setup.ampedwireless.com. The web domain name is recognized by the router and is translated automatically to the default IP address and the user is rerouted to the login page of their router. This way, the users can easily login to their routers and enjoy the advanced features as well as make their network secure.
After successfully logging in to the router, the user can see the status of their Internet and Wireless connection, the number of devices that are connected to the network, change the username and password for their networks, access the additional features such as Parental controls, Guest Networks, control, monitor, configure and even repair their network themselves. The Smart Setup also notifies the users whether any firmware update is due or whether the firmware version is up to date or not.
The firmware of the router must be updated every time the Amped Wireless releases the firmware updates. Amped Wireless releases firmware updates regularly so that the users can enjoy the latest features on their network. The firmware update also makes sure that the security on the router is up to date as well. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as their banking information when they buy something online, their emails and passwords, their private information and more. So it is very important to update the firmware of the router in order to keep the security in check. The firmware upgrade also brings bug fixes or any previously faced issue fixes. The new firmware might also bring overall speed boosts and some new features for the router.
Here, we will show you how to setup and login the Amped Wireless router, how to reset the router, how to upgrade the firmware of the router and how to change the username and password for the router.
How to setup and login to the Amped Wireless router
The Amped Wireless routers need to be logged in before the user can make changes to their network. The user can also create Guests Networks or block inappropriate content on their network and a lot more. Here are the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the router:
- Turn off the router, the modem and the computer off and then turn them all back on after a few seconds. Wait for the devices to finish booting up.
- Connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the computer to any of the four Internet ports of the router. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice on the device that is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable. Type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar and hit enter.
5. A login page will pop open asking you for the default username and password. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default username doesn’t work, then the user might have changed the password at some point. Try to login using any other previously set passwords. If all else fails, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore the router back to its factory default settings.
6. The Smart Setup page will appear once the user has successfully logged in. the user can now follow the on screen instructions to configure and personalize their network as they desire.It is advised that the user changes the username and password after logging in to the router for the first time to secure their network and to make sure that nobody is on their network without their permission.
How to Reset the Amped Wireless router
The router will be needed to reset if the user has either lost of forgotten the password for their router. Here are the steps to reset the router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press and hold the Reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the button for ten seconds, release the Reset button. The LED lights will start blinking. Wait for the lights to become stable.
Wait for the router to finish reboot. After the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using the internet and login to their router using the default information of the router.
How to upgrade the firmware of the Amped Wireless router
- Download the firmware update from www.ampedwireless.com/support website and save it to a desired location.
- Go to the login page of the router using www.setup.ampedwireless.com website and enter the default information to login to the router.
- Go to the firmware update tab. Click on Browse to search for the previously downloaded file and locate it.
- Click Upload to begin the update process.
It is advised that the firmware upgrade process isn’t interrupted as any interruptions during the upgrade process may corrupt the router and even render it useless. After the firmware has been upgraded, the user can start using their internet as they desire.
How to change the username and password for your Amped Wireless router
It is recommended that the user changes the username and password after logging in to the router to secure their network and to make sure that nobody is on their network without their permission. Here are the steps to change the username and password for the router:
- Open an internet browser on the computer that is connected to the Amped Wireless router.
- Type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar of the internet browser.
- A login window will pop open asking you for the default information regarding the router. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- The Smart Setup Wizard will appear. Click on the Wi-Fi settings.
- Here, you will see the Wireless Network (SSID) field. Here, you can change the username of the router. Make sure that you do not put up any sensitive information in the username as it is visible on other devices.
- Below the SSID field, you will see the Wireless Security field. Here, you can type in the new password for the router. Make sure that the password is hard for other people to guess.
- After you have changed the settings, click Next to save the settings.
The user can now connect to the router using the new username and password for the router. The user can login to the router using any wireless device using the new information.